Discover Music: Discover Life (DMDL) is seeking to hire individuals to provide in-person supplemental academic support to students attending private schools.
Support for reading and math is provided using a curriculum which infuses music theories and concepts aligned with common core standards. Active learning experiences are coupled with techniques. The instructor will operate in a small group environment that is rich and resonant. This provides learners with a symphony of learning opportunities and a sound education.
The DMDL curriculum is taught with a unique methodology which meets students “where they are” academically, socially, and developmentally. This curriculum teaches and reinforces skills necessary for literacy and math proficiency. Lessons focus on skills such as comprehension, fluency and problem solving. The DMDL curriculum is structured to parallel classroom instruction.
DMDL service providers, using a mentoring approach, motivate and encourage academic excellence. Service providers are highly qualified and seamlessly integrate themselves into the school’s culture. This encourages students’ path to self–discovery. This position requires at least a bachelor’s degree in Education, or related field with relevant teaching experience. This position requires a contract commitment for 28 weeks; from September through May (summer positions may also be available). Criminal background checks will be conducted on all candidates. Selected candidates will be required to attend all scheduled trainings and professional development sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess academic need for each student, and implement instructional strategies
- Observe students, collaborate with classroom teachers, principals, and parents to determine the academic strengths and/or areas for enhancements of each student
- Engage in best practices for instructional strategies
- Create student service plans for each student quarterly
- Engage in ongoing professional development provide by DMDL
- Work collaboratively with DMDL management team
- Maintain required documentation on-site and in the DMDL portal
- Communicate students’ achievement to classroom teachers, school leadership and parents
Personal Characteristics and Attributes:
The individual accepting this position must be creative, compassionate towards children, possess a firm belief that all students can learn, and have a detail-oriented work style. Candidates shall be able to establish rapport, have the desire and ability to motivate and encourage students.
Compensation: Based on the number of eligible students served
To apply, send a resume to:
1111 N. Wells, Suite 502
Chicago, Illinois 60610
Email: [email protected]